Some colleges collect this information via your official transcript, and don't require that you fill out this profile section on the StandOut Admissions Network site. Required Profile Sections provides information on how to tell which colleges on your list require this section.
Watch the below video or read on for how to enter your 9th-11th Grade Coursework.
This profile section lets you report your academic record for the 12th grade. It follows the format of the previous section (9th-11th grade coursework) and asks you to classify each class by general subject area, choose a generic name for the class, add your school’s actual class name, enter the grades you received for each grading period, and indicate whether the class was a special type like AP or Honors or add an optional tag of your own.
Before entering classes, select which grade you took the class(s) in that you want to enter.
Next, add your 12th grade classes.
- Type: Choose from the drop-down list, the type that best represents this particular class, e.g. an honors class, AP or IB. The listed types are possible descriptions your school might use. If you're unsure of the type, select "Not Applicable". You can also select "Other" to manually enter the class type, if it's not included in the drop-down list.
- Subject area: Choose from the drop-down list to subject area that best describes the class. If you need help figuring out the subject area, Subject Area Examples can help.
- Class/Class name on transcript: Enter the official class name from your transcript so that admissions offices can match the course you are reporting here with your transcript.
- College credit? Check the box if you took this class at a college or received college credit for it. Select the college from the list (of colleges you already entered in the College Information section), or add a new college if necessary.
- Select a grading scale: Choose from the options (such as letter grade, number grade).
- Select how it was reported on your transcript: one final grade or multiple grades.
- Enter your final grade: The options reflect what type of grades you specified (letter, number, and so on)
- Block scheduling? Select the checkbox for "uses block scheduling" if this high school offers certain classes on different days of the week (for example, some classes meet Mon/Wed/Fri and other classes meet Tue/Thu).
- When class occurred: Select if the class was during the regular school year or summer.
Once you have added all the information, either save and add another class, or save and close.
|If the class hasn't begun yet, select Not Started from the final grade drop-down. If your class spans multiple terms or semesters, but there was only a grade given for one of them, enter that grade at the appropriate grading period, and for the rest of the grading periods, enter Not Applicable or In Progress.
If you need to edit any of the class details when you’ve finished, click EDIT next to the class's name.
When you’ve added all the coursework shown on your transcript for the 12th grade, click "I'm finished..." at the top of the section and confirm that you've added all of the 12th grade classes on your high school transcript to this profile section. If you have less than 5 classes for 12th grade, you'll be asked to explain.
Even if you’ve indicated that you’ve completed this section, you can go back to edit it at any time until you begin submitting your applications.