Completed College Coursework Section

Some colleges collect college coursework information via your official transcript, and don't require that you fill out this profile section on the StandOut Admissions Network site. The Required Profile Sections article provides information on how to tell which colleges on your list require this section.

This section of My Profile lets you report your academic work for any college-level courses that you’ve taken at a college.

You should not enter dual credit courses here, but instead enter those for the appropriate high school year as Grade 9-11 or Grade 12 Coursework. Examples of high school's dual credit options include "running start" or "early college" programs.

A dual credit class is a course for which you receive credit at two different institutions (usually a high school and a college or university). The location of where the course is taken has no bearing on its dual credit status. Any dual credit coursework for which you receive college credit should be entered in your high school coursework for the appropriate grade.

Also, you should not enter college courses you are currently enrolled in here, but instead enter those in the In Progress College Coursework section.  

How to use the Completed College Coursework section

Use the College Information section first to add to your profile the college(s) where you took the course(s), if you're currently enrolled, how many credits you've earned to date, and the total number of college credits that you’ve earned at all of the colleges you’ve attended. 

Adding coursework for the Completed College Coursework section follows a specific sequence of inputs:

  • Choose the schedule system for the college (e.g. semester or quarter). Grade entry options will depend on your answer.
  • Choose the academic year from the drop-down list. (2015, for example, stands for AY 2014-15.)
  • Choose the term in which you took the college course.
  • Enter a subject area for the course (e.g. Mathematics or Chemistry).
  • Enter the course name. This entry should match what’s printed on your transcript. 
  • Enter the course number. This entry corresponds to the course’s number in the college’s course catalog.
  • Enter the number of credits you earned or credit hours. 
  • Enter the grade you received for the course. If you're still taking the course, write "In Progress" in the field.

You can add more courses in this section or edit the ones you’ve already added.  To edit a course, click the down arrow to display the course detail and then click EDIT.

When you’ve added all the completed college coursework shown on your transcript for this school, click "I'm done adding all the coursework..." at the top of the section and confirm that this profile section is complete.  You can return to edit this profile section at any point until you begin submitting your applications.



Article is closed for comments.