For more information on right to view, see our Help Center article, What does it mean to waive the right to view a recommendation.
How to change your right to view
To change whether you waive your right to view a recommendation or not:
1. Go to Locker > Official Documents.
2. Under each section (Counselor, Academic, and General Recommendations) is a list of all the recommendations you have requested.
The list shows the date you requested it, whether or not you waived rights to view the letter, and its status. (For more detailed information see our Help Center article, View and edit my recommendation requests).
3. Find the recommendation for which you would like to change the right to view.
4. Select the Options button (). and click "Change right to view" in the menu that appears
5. Select whether or not you waive your right to view. See our Help Center article, Do I have to waive my right to view recommendations, if you need more help making your decision.
You can only change whether or not you waive your right to view the recommendation if the status is New (meaning the recommender has not yet started it). You cannot change your waived rights to view the letter for in-progress or completed recommendations without deleting the record and re-sending the request for the recommender to start over.
Also, if your recommendation is a "provided" recommendation, it is automatically set to not waive the right to view. This cannot be changed unless the "provided" recommendation record is deleted and you re-send the recommendation request.
Make sure to contact your recommender before you delete a recommendation to verify they are willing to complete the recommendation again.