Each college you apply to will list their required official documents, and you can work with your high school counselor to make sure they submit whatever is required. The types of documents that colleges may request are:
- Counselor Recommendation: Use this type for your high school counselor.
- Academic Recommendation: Use this type for teachers you ask to write an official letter about your high school or college career.
- General Recommendation: Use this type for recommenders other than your counselor or teachers. However, if the colleges you are applying to only require or allow General Recommendations, you can ask teachers to complete this recommendation type.
- Current Transcript: An official transcript of your high school grades up until now.
- First Quarter Grades: An official transcript of your high school grades for the first quarter of your senior year.
- Mid-Year Grades: An official transcript of your high school grades for the first half (semester) your senior year.
- Final Transcript: An official transcript of your complete high school grades up through your graduation.
|Refer to the actual college application to determine what documents you need to request from your counselor or others.