This section includes five questions that will help determine your eligibility for the StandOut Admissions Network fee waiver. The colleges and universities of the StandOut Admissions Network may offer their own institution-specific application fee waivers; some may not charge an application fee at all, but this section lets you establish your intention to apply for financial aid, and whether you currently qualify for one or more of the StandOut Admissions Network fee waiver criteria.
The section includes the five criteria that determine your eligibility for the StandOut Admissions Network fee waiver. Checking the box for any one of these criteria is sufficient to make you eligible for the StandOut Admissions Network fee waiver at any colleges who accept it.
- Are you eligible for and/or enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program?
- The Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program is part of the National School Lunch Program, a federally assisted meal program in participating public and private non-profit schools. Eligibility is established using annual federal income guidelines.
- Have you received a College Board fee waiver?
- Fees for SAT and SAT subject tests were waived for you based on your meeting the College Board’s test fee waiver eligibility criteria.
- Have you received an ACT fee waiver?
- Fees for the ACT were waived for you based on your meeting the ACT’s test fee waiver eligibility criteria.
- Have you received the NACAC fee waiver from your high school counselor?
- If your school or your independent counselor is a NACAC member, you might have applied for and received the NACAC fee waiver for participating colleges or universities.
- Are you eligible for a Pell Grant?
- Select if you are eligible for a U.S. Government Pell Grant (a federal subsidy for college students in need).
- Have you participated (or are you currently participating) in any TRIO programs?
- TRIO programs include eight Federal outreach programs for low-income students or others from a disadvantaged background. These include Upward Bound, Veterans Upward Bound, Talent Search or Upward Bound for Math-Science.
Once you answer yes to anything, on the bottom of the Financial Aid profile section, you'll see a list of all the colleges that accept the StandOut Admissions Network waiver. Note that some of the StandOut Admissions Network schools listed may ask for more information about your fee waiver eligibility in their college-specific applications.
If you are eligible for the StandOut Admissions Network waiver, when you get to the payment page of an application, your fee will be reduced to $0. Click or tap Continue to submit your application, without being asked for any payment information.